How We Work
Need does not discriminate.
Neither does God.
And so neither do we.
It starts with the click of a button…
Once a need has been identified, either through direct contact or referral, we request the online application be completed. A member of our team will then be given the case and refer it to our Grant Team (when applicable) to determine the outcome.
When an applicant’s request has been accepted, we will reach out to the applicant to confirm our commitment AND clarify what further information we may need from the applicant to receive the assistance. Once agreed, we will move to meet the applicant’s need.
From time to time we may be unable to meet the applicants’ specific request.
We limit the number of grants fulfilled to any one organization each month.
Following are the terms and conditions which must be agreed upon by the applicant before the application will be accepted for review by the organization.
1. The applicant may be asked to provide information and/or documentation to substantiate his/her income and evidence of the ongoing sustainability of the living situation. All information shared will be kept confidential.
2. All financial grants will be paid directly to the vendor/landlord. The applicant will be asked to give permission to communicate directly with the vendor/landlord.
3. The average financial grant historically has been $300. The specific grant provided may be more or less depending on available funding.
4. The typical time from the applicant’s completed application to the fulfillment of a claim is one week.
5. Once assistance has been provided, subsequent requests for assistance may be denied.
6. Once a grant has been presented, the offer will be valid for 30 days. After 30 days you will need to reapply.
7. Applicants must reside in the 7-county metro area of Minneapolis-St. Paul (Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott and Washington counties)
8. The organization reserves the exclusive right to fulfill or deny any and all requests.
9. We reserve the right to deny any “self” application for gift cards or other assistance when the applicant does not have a case manager, advocate, or the like to substantiate the applicant’s need.
The work we’re doing is having an immediate impact, protecting families and supporting communities.